Life is about the people you meet and the things you create with them, so go out and start creating. Live your dream, and wear your passion. Life is short."

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Mi despedido a We Are Knitters // My goodbyes to We Are Knitters

Hola Knitters!

Hoy es mi último día como becaria en We Are Knitters, así que es mi último post en el blog. Mañana regreso a los Estados Unidos y termino mi curso en mi universidad en Boston. Ya he despedido al resto del equipo porque todos están en otros partes esta semana (mañana, el equipo de cuatro va a estar en cuatro países diferentes) pero quería esperar a despediros hasta mi último día.

Estoy intentando a ordenar todas las cosas que he hecho durante mis cinco meses aquí, pero es un poco difícil. Quizás unos de vosotros ya sabéis, pero trabajar por un start up significa que las tareas cambian diariamente. Es casi imposible estar organizada cada día! Es raro dejar las cosas que he hecho a ellos, espero que pueden sobrevivir sin mí!

Sé que Laura y yo hemos bromeado de nuestras prácticas, quejándonos de trabajar durante el verano pero al final, he disfrutado mucho mi experiencia aquí. La verdad es que me encanta la dinámica de We Are Knitters y que siempre hay algo nuevo pasando. En vez de las fotos usuales de Laura y yo en la ofi, pongo unas de mis memorias favoritas en WAK.





El día del photo shoot, Laura y yo habíamos tomado turnos en coger el reflector de luz (no sé cómo se llama). Estaba sorprendida cómo difícil es para los brazos! 




Siempre probamos cada prenda en la ofi. Especialmente durante los días fríos en abril, Laura y yo llevábamos las bufandas y chaquetas mientras trabajabamos. Este día habíamos recibido unas prendas para acompañar las nuestras para el photo shoot y quería robar este abrigo. Decidí que sería perfecto con mi Riverside Vest en el invierno friísimo en Boston. 




Y al final, una de las primeras semanas de trabajo Laura y yo tuvimos un problema con internet y mientras esperábamos, saquemos esta foto (y 10 más) para poner en Facebook (quizás ya la visteis). Es una de mis favoritas!



Pues, Knitters, es todo. Mañana voy a ser un fan como vosotros. Seguid enviando vuestras fotos de kits y prendas tejidas! Me encanta verlas, y quizás envío algunos si puedo mejorar mis habilidades de tejer!

Hasta entonces!

Elizabeth


_________________________________________________________________________________




Hello Knitters!

Today is my last day as an intern in We Are Knitters, so this will be my last blog post. Tomorrow I am going back to the United States and finishing my last year of school at my university in Boston. I already had to say goodbye to the rest of the team because we are all in different places this week (tomorrow our team of four will be in four different countries) but I wanted to wait to say my goodbyes to you until my last day.

I am trying to organize all of the work I have done in the past five months but it is a bit difficult. Maybe some of you know, but working in a start up means that the work changes daily. It is almost impossible to stay organized! It is weird leaving things behind, I hope they will be able to survive without me!

I know that Laura and I have joked about our internships here, complaining about working during the summer but ultimately I have really enjoyed my experience here. The truth is that I love the dynamic at We Are Knitters and that there is always something new happening. Instead of the usual photos of Laura and me in the office, I am going to put a few of my favorite memories.



The day of the photo shoot, Laura and I took turns holding the light reflector thing (I don’t know what it’s called). I was surprised what an arm workout it was!


We always try on all of the clothes in the office. Especially during the cold days of April, Laura and I would wear the scarves and sweaters while we worked at our desks. This day, we received a package of clothing to accompany ours in the photo shoot and I wanted to steal this coat. I decided it would be perfect with my Riverside Vest for the freezing cold winters in Boston!


And finally, one of the first weeks of our internship, Laura and I couldn’t get the internet to work so we took this photo (and ten others) to put on Facebook (you might have seen it already). It is one of my favorites!


Well knitters, that is it! Tomorrow I will be a fan just like you. Keep sending photos of your kits and finished knits! I love to see them and maybe I will send in some when my knitting skills improve.

Until then!



Elizabeth


1 comment:

  1. Muy bonitas fotos ;) Todos me encantan :)


    Sigo tu precioso blog y espero que hagas lo mismo con el mio www.gabusiek.blogspot.com
    Un beso grande

    ReplyDelete