Life is about the people you meet and the things you create with them, so go out and start creating. Live your dream, and wear your passion. Life is short."

Friday, August 10, 2012

DIARIOS DE DOS KNITTER-BECARIAS: Parte 6 // DIARY OF TWO KNITTER-INTERNS: Part 6


Hola!

En mis sueños, el post de Laura estaría real. La verdad es que la pobrecita está un poco delirante al resultado del calor de Madrid y todo el trabajo que ha hecho. Mira que bien es en Photoshop, haciendo fotos falsas de nosotras divirtiéndonos en la oficina. Hoy he traído mi cámara para mostraros nuestra realidad sin jefes.


Llegué a la ofi a ver Laura despertándose de su noche aquí. Tuvo tantas cosas que hacer que no quería ir a casa. Yo, a la medianoche más o menos me fui para dormir porque no soy tan dedicada como ella.

Esta mañana, empecé con la lista grande de cosas que hacer mientras Laura ha cancelado sus vuelos de vacaciones. Mallorca? No hay tiempo para estas cosas! Puede soñar de la playa mientras duerme cubierto en el Laguna Sweater en la ofi.


Además de la estrés del trabajo, la oficina ahora es un desastre y me da mucha ansiedad. Han llegado muchísimas cajas de cosas diferentes y ahora siento como estoy trabajando dentro de una caja de cartón. Tuvimos que reciclar unas para tener más espacio y cuando bajemos, el portero nos dijo que no podemos dejar cajas en el edificio. Con dos cajas enormes, caminé a la papelera de reciclaje para dejarlas. (Veis un patrón de llevar cajas en la calle?)

Ahora llamo un médico para preguntar del empeoramiento de mi condición de túnel carpiano. Pero sigo como el empleado fiel y responsable que soy. El puesto becario de We Are Knitters no se puede hacer por cualquiera. Tenemos que perseverar!


Hasta luego!

Elizabeth




Hello!

In my dreams, Laura’s last post would be real. The truth is that the poor thing has become a bit delirious from Madrid’s heat and all of the work she has been doing. Look how good she has gotten in Photoshop, making fake pictures of us having fun in the office. Today I brought my camera to show you our reality without bosses.

I arrived this morning to the office to find Laura waking up from her night here. She had so much to do that she didn’t want to go home. I left around midnight to go home and sleep.. I am clearly not as dedicated.

This morning, I started with our giant to do list while Laura canceled her vacation flights. Mallorca? There is no time for that! She can dream about the beach while she sleeps underneath her Laguna Sweater in the office.

In addition to our stress from work, the office is currently a disaster and it is giving me a lot of anxiety. A ton of boxes have arrived and now I feel like I am working in a cardboard box. We had to recycle a few to make more space and when we took them downstairs the doorman said we were not allowed to leave them in the building. With two massive boxes, I walked down the street to look for the recycling bin. (Do you see a pattern of carrying boxes in the street?)

I am now calling a doctor about my worsening condition of carpal tunnel. But I will continue like the loyal and responsible employee that I am. The job of intern at We Are Knitters cannot be done by just anyone. We must endure!

 Until next time!

Elizabeth






No comments:

Post a Comment